Instagram is one of the most popular social networks among lovers of photography and quality images, but at the same time it has become another tool to keep in touch with our friends or to follow characters and accounts of our interest. Having someone on Instagram is very easy, we just have to find the user of our interest and follow him to be able to enjoy his publications, but how to find someone on Instagram? If you don’t know where to start, in this article we will explain it to you in detail.
Steps to follow:
1. Finding someone on Instagram is very easy and fast, so it will not take you more than a few seconds to find that contact you want to follow. To begin you must enter your Instagram account with your username and password.
2. Once inside, you must click on the magnifying glass icon to start looking for the users or accounts you want to follow.
3. In the search you can choose between photos, ideal for those moments in which we want to explore specific images of our interest, or people, the appropriate option when we are trying to find someone on Instagram.
4. By choosing people you can access another search bar where you must type the full name of the person or account you are trying to locate. Because there are many people with the same name and surname or similar, the easiest way to search for someone on Instagram is through their username, so if you know do not hesitate to type it as we have done in the image below: all together and in lowercase.
If you do not know the username then type the name of the person you are looking for trying to write it correctly, with all the accents, for greater precision. Once you have found the right person, you can follow him.
Keep in mind that many people have their private Instagram profile, so once you follow them, the request will be pending until the other person approves it, when they do, you will receive a notification and you will be able to access this user’s profile.
5. Another way to find someone on Instagram is through other social networks or through synchronization with our contacts, an ideal option if we are new to Instagram and want to add our friends without having to search for them one by one.
To do this, you must enter your Instagram account and then press the icon of the doll that is in the lower right corner. Once there, press the top three points on Android or the nut on iPhone to access your profile menu.
6. The first three alternatives within your profile allow you to find your friends through more automated means:
- Find Facebook friends: allows you to locate your Facebook contacts with an account on Instagram and follow those you want.
- Search contacts: it is synchronized with those contacts that you have stored on your mobile, indicating who has an Instagram account so that you can follow them if you wish.
Invite friends: allows you to make a direct invitation through WhatsApp, by email, etc., to the contacts you want.